5 Things To Do After A Slip And Fall
- Seek Medical Attention. – First and foremost, your health is and should always be your #1 priority. You must seek medical attention/treatment following any trip or slip and fall as soon as possible. Keep in mind that medical records are always important for building a case and will be needed as evidence to seek compensation for your injuries.
- Report the Accident. – Regardless of where the accident happened, it is important to report the accident. Always try to get a written report (or at least a copy) from the property owner or property management.
- Document Everything. – Try to get as many details as possible. This includes witness names and contact information (name; phone number; and/or e-mail). Remember to take various pictures of the area the accident happened and from differing angles. Try to store the shoes and whatever you are wearing in a safe location in case it is needed later.
- Do NOT Sign Anything. – After a fall, you may be approached by someone affiliated with the property. You may even be presented with an apology and a promise to have your medical expenses taken care of by the property owner. If you receive a form of this nature, refuse to sign it. Instead, politely refuse. These kinds of forms are notorious for limiting the property owners’ liability to your medical expenses. Ignore them.
- Call An Attorney. – Call an Attorney at Sanchez & Brown, PA. When considering legal action, the best person on your side is an experienced attorney. Slip and fall cases are not only difficult to prove, but they are also complex. You will be best represented by a firm with the experience and know-how to handle this type of case.
For more information call (407) 676-4989 or click here